The future of events is rather the present, because throughout 2021 some changes were already seen, that now in 2022 will also set a trend. We can say without fear of being wrong that the hybrid format is here to stay.
The combination of face-to-face and virtual attendance at events is being improved little by little thanks to specific event management tools, and this is something very positive for both companies and professionals.
What will events be like in 2022: changes
Now that it seems that we have all accepted that Covid-19 is part of our lives, we are gradually learning to live with it. If in 2021 we were returning to normality, what is expected for 2022 is that public and private spaces will finally be filled with people again. This is something that directly affects the future of events.
- It is estimated that up to 81% of the events will be in hybrid format, so this format will become the general trend.
- There will be an increase in small events or micro-events, where the frequency, content and type of event will be more specific and recurring. So that the attention of the audience is maintained and community is generated, adapted to both face-to-face and remote users.
- Increase in event apps, ideal for hybrid events. The event app will allow a simultaneous connection with the online and face-to-face audience, so that the experience and consumption of content is as similar as possible.
- There will also be changes in the organization of events. Because specialists are now much better prepared and have more sophisticated tools. Technology helps us measure the success of an event, but with it we can also make organizing the event much easier (even if it is in a hybrid format).
The hybrid event as the most complete solution
As we have previously pointed out, everything seems to indicate that the hybrid model, imposed almost by obligation with the arrival of the pandemic, will be the trend in terms of format during 2022 and beyond.
Although they want to gradually return to face-to-face attendance, the truth is that the virtual format is increasingly liked by both companies and professionals. In fact, it has become one of the most used for internal events, because it saves time and money.
- High profitability. On the one hand, they are cheaper to organize and, on the other, they allow a large number of attendees to congregate. Consequently, it is much easier to balance accounts when you opt for this type of meeting.
- Eco-sustainability. Compared to in-person events, hybrid programs represent a much more environmentally friendly way of getting together. The virtual assistance of a portion of speakers and attendees manages to reduce the carbon footprint that their displacement would leave in such polluting means as the car or the plane.
- More accessibility. Hybrid events manage to destroy all the obstacles that prevent us from moving and being able to meet more easily.
- Community. The best thing about having a virtual platform that allows you to fully manage your hybrid event is that you can concentrate the participants in one place. In this way, you maintain control at all times and prevent attendees from being diluted in the process of going to various media.
- Interactivity. The indisputable advantage of hybrid events. The more advanced the technology we use to design and manage our hybrid program, the more opportunities for participation we can offer. At the end of the day, it depends on it that virtual attendees feel truly integrated into the event.
- Better engagement. The element of interactivity that only a hybrid event can provide is decisive in significantly increasing the satisfaction of your virtual audience. The dual character of hybrid events allows them to adapt to the preferences of all types of attendees.
Advantages of hybrid events
The hybrid format is a model with which everyone involved wins.
- Hybrid events allow real-time feedback from participants, providing relevant information that allows organizers to make strategic decisions about the development of the event itself.
- These types of events have lower costs than face-to-face events, since a large part of the costs such as travel, hotels, transport, catering, among others, are dispensed with.
- They allow a larger audience, since the virtual option can cover a larger volume of people.
- It’s easier to track and engage with attendees in a personalized way through engagement capabilities that can be measured and analyzed during the event.
- This format is friendlier for new generations, since the option of attending the event virtually is more flexible for those who do not want to go in person, and the youngest are the most familiar with new technologies.
Reasons to organize hybrid events
Before concluding, we will briefly review some of the advantages of this format:
- Its organization is simple if the right tools are used.
- Increase the number of attendees to the acts.
- Motivate employees to participate.
- It is more sustainable.
The future of events depends on knowing how to combine face-to-face attendance with the possibility of attending events virtually. If done right, all participants will have a very similar experience. But for this it is necessary to have specialized technological tools.
The Meetmaps Event Management Software ensures that the organization and development of the event are adequate, both for the organizers themselves and for the attendees. That is why this technology will set a trend in 2022.